Monday, February 3, 2014

ARE AMERICANS TOO DUMB TO LIVE? EPISODE EIGHT (HOLLYWOOD EDITION)

Has anyone seen the commercial for this new movie which advertises that it was "Based On The Untold Story?"



Can someone please help me understand how ANYTHING can be based on an untold story?

If the story wasn't told, how did the scriptwriter know about it?

That makes for a pretty short movie, don't ya think?

This....



Followed immediately by this....





Sorry to invade your turf, Jenny* but the advertising professional who wrote this one is certainly someone who needs a copy of your book and should follow your blog!

* by Jenny, I mean the author of Missed Periods And Other Grammar Scares-if you do not read her blog, you sure as heck should! Like her book of the same name, it packages up grammar lessons into nice humorous bite-sized morsels.



3 comments:

  1. Maybe it is just me, but I can't read the print on what came after 20th Century Fox.

    I don't know you write something based on the "Untold" story. It should be the "Never Told Before" story or "Previously Secret" story. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually looked for text that was fuzzy...it's just a credits shot...so the opening logo followed by the credits.

      So much for my attempt at mirth...

      Delete
  2. "Can someone please help me understand how ANYTHING can be based on an untold story?"

    Have you not read Barack Obama's Autobiography?

    ReplyDelete