Saturday, October 29, 2011

TO BE OR NOT TO BE

As the calendar turns into November, I am finding it harder to find time to compose posts.

My day job has become more and more demanding (longer days, longer weeks) and the travel has increased.

There have also been echanges and debates over content here that simply hold no interest for me, but seem to cause friction for others. Lately, I have neither the time nor inclination to deal with things that do not interest me or to invite friction.

For these reasons, I have decided to take the following steps.

(1) My sports blog, started earlier in the month, has been archived and deleted. Like pets, it seems that with blogs, three is too many. I am sure that the legion of three followers will be able to overcome their grief.

(2) I am taking a sabbatical from this blog until work slows down. It's not like America can get much worse off, anyway, and Americans sure don't look like they're going to all of sudden put down their remotes if I post just one more diatribe.

(3) On my music blog, I have reviews scheduled to auto-post through early December, should anyone have an interest.

Between now and then, I'll ponder the merits of continuing this blogging experiment.

This is not an appeal for followers, just a note to inform you why the activity here is slowing to a crawl. Okay, actually to a dead stop.

I appreciate the readers who have visited, and will still visit the blogs I normally frequent.


"Show me round the snow-peaked mountains way down south

Take me to you daddy's farm
Let me hear you balalaikas ringing out
Come and keep your comrade warm
I'm back in the USSR"

DiscConnected